Over 115 years of Heritage
John J. Ferrin founded Ferrin's Furniture in Red Wing, Minnesota in 1899. A native of Jamestown, New York, Mr. Ferrin was a cabinet maker and finishing foreman for many Chicago public building Interior design firms. He came to Red Wing in 1889 as a finishing foreman for Red Wing Furniture Manufacturing Company.
|In 1906, Frank J. Ferrin, Sr. joined his father. The business expanded and the Ferrins purchased two additional buildings.|
|In 1937, after graduating from Interior design in Chicago, Frank Ferrin's son Joe joined the firm.|
|In 1952 Joe's brother Frank Ferrin, Jr. graduated from Notre Dame and became a partner. The company expanded again by buying another adjoining building.|
|In the 1980's Frank's children, Anne, Bill and John Ferrin came into the business becoming the 4th generation of Ferrins to run the business. Bill later moved to Great Falls, Montana starting his own furniure business. Anne and John continue to operate the Red Wing location.|
|A pieces of the past. This photograph shows an actual sales receipt from 1939 for a 10 piece dining room set. Click on the photo to view details.|